After the first complications with the quadruple boot, I was facing new ones when I tried to do everything again on a new hard drive.
The installation order was 1. Windows XP 2. Windows 7 (which recognized the “old” XP and integrated it in the boot loader) 3. Ubuntu 9.04 4. OpenSolaris 2009.06
(for detailed partition info see quadruple-boot blog entry).
The boot process would then be like this:
- load OpenSolaris GRUB from third primary
- boot OpenSolaris from third primary
- load Microsoft bootloader from first primary
- load Microsoft bootloader from second primary
boot Ubuntu (several entries for different kernels) from logical
- boot Windows 7 from C: (as first primary)
- boot Windows XP from E: (as second primary)
Continue reading »